So Doc was in town,
and I’d never met him before, and he and
Ben arranged a
at Garlic & Shots, and I went along with a bunch of the
to talk bollocks and have fun.
I know this looks like rampant namedropping/”we went out and got
wankered, here are the photos”, but it’s also a reminder that I or others need
to talk about:
- Warchalking – MattJ’s idea for 802.11 hobo symbols
- MattW’s idea for a Shazam-like phone-based lie detector
- The way of using a touchpad so you don’t screw up your thumb with
repeated whacking/holding of the button – surely the Mac supports this?
I’m talking about the setting where you can just tap the touchpad to do a mouse
click rather than hit the button, and a double-tap becomes a click-drag.
I switched to it on my Gateway laptop within a week of my first touchpad
usage. Why hasn’t Doc heard of it? The Mac does support this, right?
- Jabber, and the killer app for it being XML message queues. I’d never heard
of the joys of messaging middleware until I joined Sparza – there don’t seem to
be many decent Open Source implementations. Oh, and the whole worse-is-better-ness
of Jabber’s evolution.
- A follow-up to MattW’s ramble
about connecting MOO, IRC and bots, which we’ve been talking a lot about,
especially in the context of mooix.
- Oh, and MattW came out with the line, “My girlfriend refuses to believe that
Nick Sweeney exists,” which is one of the greatest compliments I’ve ever heard.
Yeah. Something like that.